Thank you for visiting our website. This privacy standard sets out how R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. (“R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd.” or “We”) processes the personal information of our website visitors, and clients. It also describes the cookies we may use and send to your computer or mobile device. Please note that this privacy standard is not an exclusive description of how R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. processes the personal information of individuals.
If you use R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd’s products or services further information will be provided as part of the engagement process. If you are an employee, worker or contractor of R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. the information about how we handle your personal information as an employee will be made available to you internally and will have been notified to you. If you are a prospective employee or job applicant of R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. we will provide you with information about how we handle your personal information for recruitment purposes.
How we collect personal information
We will collect and store your personal information when you interact with our website or, as a customer, request our products or services. We collect personal information in writing, by telephone, by e-mail and by online applications.
R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. collects personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates, except where that individual has consented to R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. collecting the personal information from a third party or the law otherwise permits R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. to do so.
What personal information do we hold about you
Personal information means any information relating to a person that enables them to be identified either directly or indirectly. Personal information that we hold about you may include:
- email address
- phone number
If you are a client, personal information that we hold about you may include the same information listed above and we may also process your function/job title within the company and your work email address and your company’s name, postal address, VAT and/or company number.
How we use your information
We will use your personal data, and may share your personal data with other parties acting on our behalf, for one or more of the following purposes:
- to conduct research about the use of our website
- to assess and respond to a complaint you might make to us
- for our own administrative purposes, including training our staff or conducting internal audits
- if you are a client, to carry out our contract with you
- to conduct investigations of suspicious or harmful activity
We do not sell your personal information to others. If we wish to use your personal information for a purpose beyond that for which it was originally provided, we will ask for your consent or seek to rely on another valid legal ground to process your personal information in accordance with the applicable law.
Grounds for processing
To process your data lawfully we need to rely on one or more valid legal grounds. The grounds we may rely upon include:
- your consent to particular processing activities. For example, where you have consented to us using your information for marketing purposes.
- our legitimate interests as a business (except where your interests or fundamental rights override these). For example, it is within our legitimate interests to use your data to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
- our compliance with a legal obligation to which R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. is subject. For example, we have a duty to investigate and respond to complaints made against us and may need to process your personal information as part of such investigation.
- if you are a customer, because processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract.
Disclosure of your personal information
There are circumstances where we may wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your personal data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed above. These scenarios include disclosure:
- to third party service providers and consultants in order to protect the security or integrity of our business, including our databases and systems and for business continuity reasons;
- to another legal entity, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event. In the case of a merger or sale, your personal data will be permanently transferred to a successor company
- to legal advisors who may need to manage or litigate a claim
- to public authorities where we are required by law to do so
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent
Retention of personal information
Confidentiality and security
- seeking to safeguard all personal information that you provide to us
- seeking to ensure that it remains confidential and secure
- taking all reasonable steps to ensure that personal privacy is respected
By giving us information or allowing it to be collected, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree that R&M engineering (Huntly) Ltd. will not be held liable for any claims, losses or damages which may result, directly or indirectly, from collection of that information, including from misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure and loss or corruption by computer viruses and other sources of harm to the information we collect.
Your rights with regards to your personal information
Data protection law provides individuals with certain rights, including the right to: access, rectify, withdraw consent, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, their personal information. Individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant information protection authority if they believe that their personal information is not being processed in accordance with the law.
Further information about your rights is set out below:
- Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you. All requests for access to personal information should be made to HR@rm-engineering.co.uk . You may be required to submit a proof of your identity and a fee.
- Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. If we disagree and believe the information to be accurate and complete, we will advise you and include a notation on the record that you dispute the information’s accuracy. Requests for corrections or supplements to all other personal information should be made to HR@rm-engineering.co.uk. We will respond to your request to correct or supplement your personal information within a reasonable time period and, in any event, within any time period specified in relevant laws.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- Right to object to processing. You may, as permitted by law, request that we stop processing your personal information.
- Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. Please contact HR@rmengineering.co.uk if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority in the relevant country directly.
Where you submit information on behalf of another person, you confirm that you have made that person aware of how we may collect, use and disclose their information, the reason you have provided it, how they can contact us, the terms of this policy and that they have consented to such collection, use and disclosure.
Compliance with Privacy Laws
R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. complies with the data protection and privacy laws to which it is subject. You should satisfy yourself that you are familiar with those laws, including any exceptions which may apply under them. You should also be aware that privacy laws in various jurisdictions may change from time to time. Except to the extent expressly stated otherwise in this policy, R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. accepts no obligations with respect to the handling of personal information other than those mandated by law in the country which has, or counties which have jurisdiction over R&M Engineering (Huntly) Ltd. in any given circumstances.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file downloaded onto your computer or mobile device when you access a website, including this website. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website’s owners and third parties. Cookies allow a website to recognise your computer or mobile device. Cookies do not identify you as an individual, but do identify the computer or mobile device you use to access the Internet and can therefore be used to collect information about your use of the Internet. Cookies do not allow access to any information stored on your computer or mobile device.
- to determine the number of visitors to our website and to identify how visitors move around the site and, in particular, which pages they visit. This allows us to improve our website and our services
Controlling and deleting cookies
When you accessed this website, cookies were sent to your web browser and stored on your computer or mobile device.
If you wish to restrict, remove or refuse to accept cookies which are set by any website (including this website), you should do this through the browser settings for each browser you use to access the Internet. The Help function within your browser should tell you how to do so. Note, however, that in some cases, restricting, removing or refusing to accept cookies may reduce the functionality of, or prevent access to, this and other websites.
Changes to this policy
As we strive to improve our practices, we may review this policy from time to time. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and to notify you of those changes by posting an updated version of this policy on our website.
It is your responsibility to check our policy each time before you access our website for any changes.